HOW IT WORKS
Remember you will [not] die products are e-mourning devices. Each product has different features and therefore different messages for the wearer. The products are meant to be purchased by a person for others to commemorate his/her online afterlife. But how does it exactly work? It’s quite simple:
1. A person (say, you) buys one of the devices (say, the Social Whispers collar) for someone else (say, your relative or your friend).
2. When you purchase the device, you have to provide your relative/friend’s contact information, three other people who could connect you to that person (they will receive a notification), and to indicate when you would want him/her to receive the product (number of days after your death).
3. Once we are informed that you died, we contact your relative/friend and deliver the product to his home.
4. The package your relative/friend receives includes the product and an instructions sheet to set up the product. The instructions sheet indicates to go online, activate the system for the product, and establish if he wants to receive reminders to use the product.
5. After that, the product is ready for use!
The products are meant to be bought by the future-deceased for the future-bereaved (and not the other way around, unless you are able to provide proof of the rights to access the deceased’s online information). If the person you designated to receive the product dies before you, you may designate another person to receive the product after your death.